Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Feminine Family Room

Since it's summer and it's blazing hot outside with very few rainy days, I have been drawn to lighter accent colors in my home.  I shared a few rooms recently with you already, but just realized that I haven't shared some of the latest changes that I've made to my family room.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen some of these.




With the grey and white rug on the floor, I must be careful about how much pattern I bring into the room.  I don't want it too busy.  I love the way that lavender looks with grey!


The big change in here is the different mirror.  I decided to move some mirrors around in my house and this one ended up over my mantel.  I wanted to soften the black a bit and bring in my candle sconces too.  


Purple and white flowers and mercury glass add the femininity that I was craving.


For a bit of fun, I hung this ceramic white deer head on the wall and draped some prayer beads over his antlers.  


White fur pillows, comfy throws and some lavender damask pillows complete the look.


This room is full of sunshine these days so the white can get quickly washed out without a little bit of color.


Hope you will stop by here tomorrow night for our weekly Share Your Style party too!

Thanks for visiting.

~ Kelly ~

17 comments:

Deserae said...

Beautiful!!! I love the touches of lilac you added.....the throw is so pretty!! We have been having the same weather as you lately.
~Des

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The color is really soft and lovely with the gray, Kelly! I always love seeing what you're up to!

Unknown said...

Very pretty combination Kelly.
Sunshine has been in abundance my way too. Enjoy our pretty room.

Katie Mansfield said...

I love it. The sconces are darling! I love the subtle touches of lavender.

Calypso In The Country said...

Beautiful room with just the right amount of color!
Shelley

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the little touches of purples!
Brenda

Stacey said...

You've created such a beautiful home!!

Pondside said...

You've made a very pretty room, Kelly. It is very calming, and I imagine that on a hot day it would feel cool and rather soothing. I love the mercury glass and the way it glistens against the white.

cynthia lee designs said...

Kelly...everything looks so pretty!! I want to have more white in my home. Now that I'm retired maybe I will be able to do some redecorating.
~Cindy

Unknown said...

So gorgeous Kelly! This is right up my alley. The touches of purple and lavender work so well in your charming home. It's really hot and humid here too. I think thy're calling for a high of 96 tomorrow and Friday, just too hot!

Debra said...

I really love how you added the pops of lavender to add color to the room. It does soften the room but not so much that the men in your life would think it is too frilly.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Such a lovely, refreshing room Kelly. I love the mercury glass with the lavender. So pretty, and just perfect for summer.

cloches and lavender said...

Super summer changes. Love mercury glass!

Cindy

This N That said...

I used to have a grey paint in my bathroom that looked lavender in certain lights..nice combo

Twinkle Terrior said...

OH WOW !! soooooooooooooooo pretty! i love it!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

The mirror change really lightens things up. I love seeing mercury glass with flowers, especially purple ones. I know I've told you before, but I love the "Hey, Y'all" sign!

Blondie's Journal said...

You really have a great eye for detail...I love the lavender accents. That cabinet is my favorite! You really have a great change for summer months!

Jane