Monday, October 5, 2015

Sunday Supper

Hello everyone!

I love to plan a great meal for Sunday evening.  I guess I look at Sunday as the final day of the week (even though it's technically the first of the week on the calendar).  So, in doing so, I will often cook meals that require a little more effort.  

This time, I chose to cook pan roasted chicken with lemon garlic green beans.  I also added some mushrooms to this recipe.

Here are the ingredients you will need.


olive oil, lemons, garlic, salt, pepper, new red potatoes, fresh snapped green beans, chicken breast (bone-in), and mushrooms (optional)



This recipe has a lot of prep involved, but once you put it in the oven, it's done!  So, it's easy after you've put it together.

In a large baking pan, add some olive oil to coat bottom.  Then slice up a lemon and place slices along bottom of pan.



Then mix lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together to make a marinade.  Add green beans to the mixture and coat them well.


Place green beans over the lemon slices.


Then, do the same thing with the potatoes



Place them along the edges of the pan.


(I added the mushrooms this way too.)

Finally, mix the chicken breasts with the marinade and add them to the center on top of the green beans.


Cook in a 450 degree oven for almost an hour.  Make sure your chicken is cooked to reach 165 degrees.  (use a meat thermometer) 

If necessary, pull chicken out and finish cooking vegetables till soft.  My chicken was extra large, so I cooked mine a bit longer.  

Then, serve chicken with the vegetables on the side.


Yum!  Everything will have a lemony/garlic flavor.  

For dessert?

Why, how about some brownie ala mode!


For the complete recipe, click HERE.

One thing about this recipe though, I would double the marinade mixture part.  I ended up having to make a second batch in order to coat the chicken well.  You don't want to skimp on this part since it is what gives this meal such a great flavor.

I hope you'll give it a try!  

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

14 comments:

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I made almost the same exact meal last week Kelly. I'm a sucker for anything with lemon and/or garlic. Remember how I like to eat lemons as is? I know, weird.

The one thing I haven't done is place the chicken on top of the veggies. I'll give that a try.

Enjoy your week!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Sounds yummy! I love brownies and ice cream!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

i am coming to your house for dinner next sunday!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

This sounds so good! I love lemon and garlic together. I saw a chicken recipe on the Today Show last week and it sounded good too. We all like chicken over here, so I should make it more often. I double up on marinades frequently too. And don't even get me started on my icing for bundt cakes...I sometimes triple it! Lol!

This N That said...

Thanks for sharing Kelly..Looks yummy..Love your place mat!! :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, This sounds wonderful! Now I know what to do with the chicken breast in my freezer.
xx,
Sherry

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

That sounds yummy. I will definitely do this soon! Fall is for comfort food around here!

Sandi Magle said...

Great post, I always add fresh rosemary to this combo...in fall I add hubbard squash and sage with rosemary. Delish can be company food too.

Gorgeous pictures and good directions, thanks, Sandi

Junkchiccottage said...

Yum Yum Yum!!! Dinner looks so good and the brownie dessert looks even better. Glad you had a great Sunday and wonderful dinner.
Kris

Eilis said...

Looks delicious! Pinning to my "Recipes to Try" board :)

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

There's nothing as good as a roast chicken! Love how you layered everything beneath the chicken so the juices would drip down to flavor it all.

cynthia lee designs said...

Sounds and looks so yummy!!
~Cindy

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

That looks and sounds delicious! I definitely have to try it. Your presentation on the pretty plates looks wonderful.

Bliss said...

Mmmmmmm......